Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Do You Remember...?

It might have been two years ago but when I close my eyes and listen to the same songs that came across that beat-up radio sitting propped against the freshly painted walls you had just painted that night - it seems like it was just yesterday.

"Thanks for inviting me..." I whispered, pressing my face against your arm. I'd only tell you that while you were sleeping so you wouldn't realize how one night with you in a deserted house with endless painting supplies could mean so much to me. It's something that even I had a hard time understanding. All I knew was that I felt happy...and completely content and safe.

That's all I can remember now. You, me, the summer wind, a fuzzy radio station, and the feeling of utter happiness and elated joy. I love memories that end that way.

No comments: