Wednesday, March 21, 2007

21 years ago tonight...

I arrived into BWI Airport as an American citizen. :-)

21 years ago today ...

I was a 3-month old orphan, being wrapped in several layers of overlarged clothes for my long journey to the States by my foster mother. Tucked between layers of pink fleece were whispers of prayers for hope and for good health for this tiny premature 5 lb. baby girl.

21 years ago tonight ...

I was craddled in the arms of my adoptive mother with the name of Emily, the American girl, and discarded Kil, Eun-jung, the Korean girl, until 10 years later.

21 years ago tonight ...

An ahjumma somewhere was either restless or rest assured with the knowledge that her tender offspring of an only daughter was on her way safely to mi-gook.

21 years ago today ...

A family of three became a family of four. I entered a world and a life that although there have been extremely difficult times and awe-inspiring positive ones, I would never change it for all the money you would offer me.

21 years ago today ...

I began my journey to become who I am today, hundreds of thousands of miles away from that tiny farmhouse in Seoul.

No comments: