Tuesday, March 6, 2007

"It's A Beautiful Thing"

"Will I lose my dignity? Will someone care?
Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare?
Will I lose my dignity? Will someone care?
Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare?" - Rent
Everytime I feel terrible, I just put on one of the tracks from "Rent" and feel ten times better. One, music is my life, and one of the very few things that come what may, truly helps me get through all the bad times and the good times. Two, because any musical infested with the soulful songs preaching about "La Vie Boheme" is worth being addicted to. Three, like I was talking with MB right before she left FMB, sometimes if you listen very carefully to all the tracks - you can hear Julia projecting at the top of her lungs, or reciting every single word at perfect pitch and timing to Maureen's classic theatrical performance of "Over The Moon".
Regardless, this is the track that popped on Shuffle on my iPod first thing this morning, thus this is how I will start my day - the happiness that things could be so much worse than they are right now and that I have amazing people in my life that if I look close enough or just open my eyes, were there all along and are helping me through the bumps - just by being my friends. So thanks to all of you! :-)

No comments: