Monday, June 4, 2007

Guess Whose Done With History?

I got my transcript in the mail the other day.

A+! Hoo-Rah! I never thought I'd ever see the day when I got an A+ in History. No lie. In high school, I despised it, even though my writing abilities landed me high scores to place in Honors, GT and AP courses in the subject, I just couldn't for the life of me wrap my mind around the importance of scrutinizing every miniscule detail about the past - sociologically, politically or economically. I guess, to be simple, I just couldn't have cared less.

But this grade is a true testiment to how my atittude has changed over the years. One, because I actually paid cold, hard cash for this class and the textbooks (which in itself is motivation enough to pass) and two, I really really want to graduate from a university. I really really want to see my dreams come true. To see everything that I have gone through manifest into a great career and a content, fulfilling life.

I'm ready big, cruel, unusually beautiful, and majestic world! I have a lot of years to go...but I am ready and willing for the fight now. I am armed with a new motivation that I never have had before - maybe it's because this time around, I actually know what I want to do. I actually have a better understanding of who I am, and what I want from life.

And...may I point out that it is JUNE?! I can't believe that the year has gone by so fast. 2007 has definitely not been my best year, but it most definitely has not been my worst. Like I have said in past posts, I believe that this year will be whatever I make of it - and that the more effort that I put into making it a fantastic year, the more fantastic a year it will be.

(ps. There's a lot of crappy emotions floating around in my self's stratosphere but today, I figured I'd start the week out on a positive note. Hopefully, it will set the mood for all the utter crappiness that is surrounding me at the moment.)

Monday down, four more days to go!

No comments: