Tuesday, June 19, 2007

An Update

You know it's bad with the roommate from hell when I decide to take my laundry over to my parents' place.

I went last night after work with a huge Ziploc travel bag of clothes and blankets that needed to be washed. Immediately, I was greeted by a little sister taller than me (and who is only 12 years old) and an 8-year old who was just as tall as her. (Jeeeesus, what are we feeding these kids today? And why didn't I get any of that when I was younger?)

Along with what all of my friends have been encouraging over the weekend, I have tried to bite my tongue, tried to be the better (wo)man and not waste my breath on this preposterous girl. (On a nice side note: One of the most relaxing, best sleeps I have ever had in a very longgg time happened over the weekend at TL's house. Just goes to show you that when you feel welcome and relaxed in your surroundings that you sleep better. Love you guys! Still planning on stealing your adorable kid.) However, every single time I unfortunately run into this girl, she pushes me over the edge. I know it's her plan. I know what she wants. And for the first time in my Korean-stubborn-for-life attitude, I am going to let her win.

I plan to get the heck outta there as fast as next month.

Literally, as soon as I got dropped off on Sunday, I walk in to see "The Family That Goes to the Walmart Together Stays Together" family portrait of this girl's entire family in the living room and kitchen. Her brother is lying on the couch and out of common courtesy he just sat up, I assume in an attempt to create room for me to sit down.

She comes in from the kitchen, her parents (Again, I assume) sitting in the kitchen and dining room behind her, and grabs the dog from attacking me. Her head turns to the side towards her brother on the couch and then she snaps, "You don't need to get up for her."

::Big Large Sigh:: I am not one to make fun of anyone, or to judge anyone based on superficial concepts or stereotypes but this girl has gotten to my last nerve with her dirty stares, her comments about how hard it must be for me to find shoes (targeting my right leg discrepency), lack of respect for me as a human being, rudeness, etc. etc. that I have grown to only see her for what she portrays herself as: white trash. It's not about where she comes from (Guess? ...I know, I know, hard to believe it's Dundalk.) but how she holds herself. Her ignorance, her lack of respect for other people and her attitude.

Okay, okay, enough of my rant. I am so disturbed that this issue has been disturbing me so much. If that makes any sense.

In other news, tomorrow I go to the Department of Rehabilitation Services for my consultation. Basically, they will do some tests in order to certify that I indeed have cerebral palsy. And that I indeed need transportation. I am slightly nervous, only because I don't know what to expect, and I sincerely do not want to be rejected again by yet another source of hope. Thus, why I have been trying to keep my hopes down, and be quite cynical about the whole thing - but it's so difficult to do when hanging on the very edge of finally obtaining some fricken' transportation.

I also got sick last night thanks to my coworker. She had been complaining of stomach aches all week this week and the last, and called in sick twice. She was vomiting and having diarrhea and I just prayed I wouldn't pick it up. Uhh...guess no one was listening. Last night sucked. That leftover orange chicken box that I scarfed down a few hours before probably didn't help either. (Hehe)

One more half week before VACATION TIME!!!

*does a little dance and starts singing: "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!"*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my god, ur roommate is such a cunt!!!!